Have apples become a fall staple on your baking list this year? Be sure to add this vegan apple bread recipe to the top of your list!Jump to Recipe
I never tire of apple recipes this time of year. It's the combination of chunks of apple and warm spices that gets me every time. This vegan apple bread is exactly that: delicious, moist, and filled with chopped apples and warm spices. The smell when baking, will instantly create cozy vibes in your home! I was actually just enjoying a slice of this sweet bread with a cup of black coffee as I was writing up this blog post.
This scrumptious recipe takes the timeless comfort of classic apple bread and adds a vegan twist, making it accessible to a wider audience. Whether you're a committed vegan or simply curious about plant-based treats, this vegan cinnamon apple bread ensures that everyone can savor the warm, moist individual slices of apple-infused perfection. Embrace the goodness of homemade quick bread without compromising your dietary preferences.
I used Gala apples in this recipe but you can use any kind of apples. You can use granny smith, honey crisp, ambrosia apples, or any other favorites! You'll need 3-4 of these.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Apple pie spice
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Almond milk
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh apples
- Confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
- Almond milk
See full recipe card for quantities.
By thoughtfully selecting these ingredients, we've created a vegan apple bread that doesn't compromise on taste or texture. Each element plays a crucial role in delivering a moist, flavorful loaf that's irresistibly delicious!
I've included a few process shots below on the step-by-step process of making this easy recipe:
Add flour, baking powder, salt, and apple pie spice to a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond milk, applesauce, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
Add your dry ingredients to your bowl of wet ingredients. Combine with a spatula until there are a few streaks of flour left. Next, peel and dice 2 of your apples. Add 1 cup's worth of diced apple pieces to your batter. Fold them in with your spatula.
Spray a 5x9 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Thinly slice 1-2 apples and layer the slices on top of your batter. Bake at 375°F for 1 hour and 22 minutes. Toothpick inserted may be slightly wet. This is fine. The bread will continue to bake for a few more minutes after removing from the oven.
After removing the baking pan from the oven, place it on a wire rack and let the bread cool for 30 minutes before removing loaf from the pan. Go ahead and make your cinnamon glaze while you wait. In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners sugar with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and 3 tablespoon of almond milk. You can add more milk if you prefer a runnier consistency. Once that is all combined and you have a consistency that you like, pour the glaze over your entire loaf. Serve and enjoy!
Did you know...
Apples, the shining stars of our easy apple cinnamon bread recipe, bring not only exceptional flavor but also a wealth of nutritional benefits. Packed with dietary fiber, apples promote healthy digestion and help you feel satiated, making them an excellent addition to your diet. This fiber content also supports stable blood sugar levels, keeping energy levels steady throughout the day.
Moreover, apples are a superb source of essential vitamins, particularly vitamin C. This powerful antioxidant aids in boosting your immune system, defending your body against harmful free radicals, and promoting skin health. Alongside vitamin C, apples provide a range of other vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, potassium, and small amounts of B vitamins.
Below, you will find a few fun variation ideas that you may consider when making this recipe:
- Nutty Bliss: Fold in a handful of chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds for added crunch and nutty flavor. This also boosts the healthy fats and protein content.
- Spiced Up: Experiment with different spices like ginger, cardamom, or allspice for a unique twist on the classic flavors. These spices can add depth and complexity to the bread's aroma.
- Coconut Infusion: Mix in shredded coconut for a tropical flair. The subtle sweetness of coconut complements the apples beautifully.
- Caramel Apple Delight: Add a thin drizzle of vegan caramel sauce homemade apple butter over the batter before baking for an indulgent touch. It adds a layer of richness that pairs wonderfully with the apple's sweetness.
- Maple Walnut Wonder: Combine maple syrup and crushed walnuts to create a delectable glaze to drizzle on top of the bread post-baking. This adds a glossy finish and an irresistible nutty-sweet taste. This would take the place of the cinnamon glaze.
- Apple-Pear Fusion: Experiment with a blend of apples and pears for a delightful combination of flavors and textures. The mixture of sweet and slightly tart notes creates a harmonious balance.
- Gingerbread Magic: Incorporate ground ginger, cinnamon, and bit of molasses for a gingerbread-inspired twist. The warm spices and deep molasses flavor take this bread to a whole new level. If adding molasses, scale back the original sugar content in this recipe.
- Chai Infused: Infuse the batter with chai spices like cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves for a fragrant, cozy, and slightly spiced version of the classic apple bread.
- Cranberry Zest: Add dried cranberries to the mix for a burst of tartness that contrasts beautifully with the sweetness of the apples. This is especially delightful during the holiday season.
- Chocolate Temptation: For a decadent treat, fold in vegan chocolate chips or chunks. The combination of chocolate and apple is a delightful surprise!
Feel free to get creative and mix and match these variations to create your own signature bread. Whether you're in the mood for a nutty crunch, exotic spices, or an indulgent drizzle, these ideas will add excitement and diversity to your baking chops.
Almond Milk - instead of using almond milk, you can use soy milk or other milk alternative.
Vegetable Oil - instead of using vegetable oil, you can use coconut oil. Keep in mind, this may change the overall flavor.
Keep loaf of bread covered in an airtight container. You can leave it out at room temperature for 3-4 days. The bread will become more moist as the days go by. This is due to the glaze seeping into the loaf. You can store it in the refrigerator to minimize this.
Vegan Apple BreadAuthor:
- 5"x9" loaf pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 Gala apples
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond milk, applesauce, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil. Add your dry ingredients to your bowl of wet ingredients. Combine with a spatula until there are a few streaks of flour left.
- Peel and dice 2 of your apples. Add 1 cup's worth of diced apples to your batter. Fold them in with your spatula. Spray a 5x9 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Thinly slice 1-2 apples and layer the slices on top of your batter. Please see process shots above for reference. Bake at 375°F for 1 hour and 22 minutes. Toothpick inserted may be slightly wet. This is fine. Bread will continue to bake for a few more minutes after removing from the oven.
- After removing the pan from the oven, place it on a wire rack and let it cool for 30 minutes before removing loaf from the pan.
- In a small to medium sized bowl, whisk together confectioners (powdered) sugar with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and 3 tablespoon of almond milk. You can add more milk if you prefer a runnier consistency. Once that is all combined and you have a consistency that you like, pour the glaze over your entire loaf. Serve and enjoy!