These sweet and savory gluten free donuts will quickly become your go-to flavor of choice!
I could not stop talking to my husband about this flavor for these gluten free donuts for like a week straight until I finally made them. Initially, he didn’t really know how he felt about this flavor profile. After one bite, it was game over. He is now a firm believer in sweet and savory donuts!
Let’s not forget about the texture. So normally, at least from what I’ve experienced, GF baked goods tend to be dense in nature, but these donuts…they’re something else. These doughy halos are so soft and pillowy making them heavenly and even more enjoyable to feast on!
There is no specific measurement for the everything bagel topping. I just poured what I had left into a wide bowl and dipped the donut in after face-planting it into the glaze.
I hope you give this recipe a try. Let me know in the comments if you too become a believer!
Link to donut baking pans
The Best Everything Gluten Free Donuts
- 6-donut pan
- 1 cup gluten-free flour measure for measure or 1:1 ratio
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp dairy free milk
- everything bagel seasoning poured onto a plate for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray donut mold with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together GF flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. If possible, sift all ingredients first. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs then add in vanilla extract, vegetable oil, dairy free milk, and granulated sugar. Whisk and combine everything together. Add these wet ingredients to your bowl of dry ingredients and combine.
- Place a quart or gallon size ziploc bag in a tall glass and pour in your batter. Zip the top and cut one of the corners with scissors. Now, pour batter into your donut pan. Fill each donut mold about midway so that it doesn't overflow too much when it bakes. You should have enough batter left over to make 3 more donuts.
- Bake at 350°F for 13 minutes. Toothpick inserted should come out clean. Start making your glaze while donuts are baking.
- In a wide bowl, whisk together confectioners sugar, dairy free milk and vanilla extract. Pour everything bagel seasoning into another wide bowl or plate.
- Once donuts have cooled on a cooling rack for a few minutes, dip one side of your donut into the glaze then dip that side into your plate of everything bagel seasoning. Place donut back onto cooling rack. Repeat this step with the remaining donuts. Enjoy!