These gluten free brownies are made with coconut flour, making for a healthier brownie alternative!
As you follow along with me on my baking journey, you’re going to find that there are a lot of “firsts”. Using coconut flour as an ingredient was the “first” in this recipe. I am blown away by how little of it you actually use. I can’t believe that I only used 3 tablespoons! Using this flour is what helped me keep things GF. These gluten free brownies are going to be your next favorite thing to bake with peanut butter and avocados!
I’ll be honest. I had no idea how these were going to turn out and was slightly worried that I’d end up wasting ingredients. Luckily, that was not the case. These peanut butter and avocado vegan GF brownies are decadent and delicious on their own but a scoop of “nice cream” would be a great addition! Just saying! They have a fudge-like consistency. The peanut butter was used as the egg replacer and I loved getting some of that PB flavor with each bite. You can never go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate!
Looking for another vegan brownie recipe? Try How to Make Ultra Fudgy Vegan BrowniesAnchor Hocking 8-InchSquare Glass Baking Dish with TrueFit Cherry Lid –
The Best PB and Avocado Gluten Free Brownies
- 8"x8" baking dish
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, dairy-free yogurt
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips for melting
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips to mix in
- 2 tsp coconut oil, not melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. You can line dish with parchment paper if you prefer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift all ingredients first if possible.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil and1/4 cup chocolate chips together. Set aside. In a medium sized bowl, smash ripe avocado with a fork or pastry blender. Mix in vanilla extract, peanut butter, yogurt, sugar, and melted chocolate.
- Add wet ingredients to bowl of dry ingredients. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Pour mixture into baking dish and bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes. Feel free to top off brownies with more chocolate chips before placing into the oven. Let brownies cool for about 15 minutes before serving.