Whether you're someone who lives an alcohol free lifestyle, looks forward to participating in Dry January or pregnant like myself, it's nice to have non-alcoholic beverage options that are not only aesthetically pleasing to look at but ones that also taste great! With it being close to Christmas and New Year's Eve, I decided to test out my own version of a winter theme virgin Moscow mule. Read on to learn how to make one of these refreshing beverages for yourself!
Why You'll Love this Virgin Moscow Mule Recipe
This winter theme virgin Moscow mule is a bright and festive alternative for those who prefer to abstain from alcohol this holiday season. With flavors like cranberry, pomegranate and spicy ginger beer, I knew this great recipe would be perfect for the holidays!
Here are the simple ingredients you'll want to pick up at the grocery store beforehand:
- Cranberry juice
- Pomegranate juice
- Fresh lime juice
- Non-alcoholic ginger beer
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make a Virgin Moscow Mule Mocktail
Below, I give a step-by-step breakdown on how to make this one of the best non-alcoholic drinks you've ever had!
1. Pour ice into cocktail shaker. Add in cranberry, pomegranate and lime juice.
2. Shake up and pour over ice cubes into your copper Moscow mule mug.
3. Top off with your favorite brand of ginger beer.
4. Garnish with: pomegranate seeds, fresh cranberries, fresh mint, rosemary, and a lime slice or lime wedge.
This recipe is for one non-alcoholic Moscow mule.
Hint: Don't sweat it if you don't have a cocktail shaker at home. Simply add the juices into a copper cup, stir, gently pour your ice in, then top off with the ginger beer. Garnish and enjoy this fun drink!
Occasions for Enjoying this Moscow Mule Mocktail Recipe
A virgin mule recipe is a versatile and refreshing non-alcoholic drink that can be enjoyed on various occasions, including:
- Happy Hour at Home: Whip up a mocktail mule for a relaxed evening at home. It's a perfect non-alcoholic alternative to unwind with.
- Alcohol-Free Celebrations: Serve mocktail recipes at parties, gatherings, and celebrations where not everyone may want or can consume alcohol.
- Summer BBQs: These mocktails are great for sipping during outdoor barbecues and picnics, providing a cool and zesty refreshment.
- Brunch: A good virgin Moscow mule can be a delightful addition to brunch gatherings, offering a citrusy and invigorating option.
- Non-Alcoholic Bars: When visiting bars or restaurants that cater to non-drinkers, a mocktail version of a classic Moscow mule recipe is a satisfying choice.
- Designated Driver: For the designated driver at a party or night out, a virgin drink like this one, ensures a fun and flavorful drink without alcohol.
- Family-Friendly Events: At family events, such as a baby shower, children's parties or family dinners, these virgin cocktails offer a sophisticated yet alcohol-free beverage for all ages.
- Wellness Retreats: At wellness and detox retreats, where alcohol is typically avoided, non-alcoholic cocktails like this one, provide a taste of luxury without the spirits.
- Pregnancy and Health-Related Occasions: Moscow mule mocktails are ideal for individuals who are pregnant or have health-related reasons to abstain from alcohol but still want a tasty and special drink.
- Just Because: Sometimes, you don't need a special occasion to enjoy a ginger beer mocktail. They're perfect for a solo treat or a quiet moment of relaxation.
Essentially, the virgin version of this classic cocktail is a versatile and universally appealing beverage that can be enjoyed on a wide range of occasions, whether you're looking for a refreshing. ginger flavor-based drink or need an alcohol-free alternative.
- Diet Cranberry Juice - this is a great low-sugar option.
- Ginger Ale - works just fine if you don't have any ginger beer on hand. Its flavor profile is similar enough to the taste of the ginger beer.
- Sugar Free Ginger Beer - this is a great option for those who may be on a low calorie diet.
- Garnish - feel free to garnish with other ingredients such as blackberries, blueberries, lingonberries, or mint instead of rosemary.
Virgin Mule Cocktail Variations
The great thing about this delicious drink is that the base of it makes it very adaptable and easy to swap out different ingredients.
- Non-Alcoholic Spirits - you can use a non-alcoholic vodka if you still want to have that authentic, vodka flavor.
Prefer a traditional Moscow mule? Skip the cranberry and pomegranate juice. Increase your tangy lime juice to a 1 oz serving and add a few mint leaves.
While you're here, check out our refreshing strawberry mocktail (another one of our favorite drinks)!
Prep and wash your garnishes ahead of time. We also recommend investing in a set of beautiful copper mugs.
It is said that copper mule mugs help enhance the different flavors of this beverage. The copper is also great for keeping your drink cooler for a longer period.
Virgin Moscow MuleAuthor:
- 1 oz pomegranate juice
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- ½ oz lime juice
- 4 oz ginger beer
- Pour ice into your cocktail shaker. Pour in cranberry, pomegranate and lime juice. Shake well. Add ice to your copper mug. Pour liquids over ice. Top off with ginger beer. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, lime wedge or slice and rosemary sprig.