This winter theme virgin Moscow mule is a bright and festive alternative for those who prefer to abstain from alcohol this holiday season.Jump to Recipe
Whether you're someone who lives an alcohol free lifestyle, looks forward to participating in Dry January or pregnant like myself, It's nice to have non-alcoholic drink options that are not only aesthetically pleasing to look at but ones that also taste great. With it being close to Christmas and New Year's Eve, I decided to test out my own version of a winter theme virgin Moscow mule. Read on to learn how to make one of these refreshing beverages for yourself!
With flavors like cranberry and pomegranate, I knew this beverage would be perfect for the holidays!
Here are all the ingredients you'll want to gather beforehand:
- Cranberry juice
- Pomegranate juice
- Lime juice
- Ginger beer
- Pomegranate seeds, fresh cranberries, and lime slices or wedges for garnishing
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make a virgin Moscow mule
Below, I give a step-by-step breakdown on how to make this one of the best mocktails you've ever had!
Pour ice into cocktail shaker. Add in cranberry, pomegranate and lime juice.
Shake up and pour over ice into your copper mug.
Top off with ginger beer.
Add desired garnish and enjoy!
This recipe is for one serving.
Hint: Don't sweat it if you don't have a cocktail shaker at home. Simply add the juices into a copper mug, stir, gently pour your ice in, then top off with the ginger beer. Garnish and enjoy!
- Diet cranberry juice and/or ginger beer - for those who may be counting calories
- Ginger ale - works just fine if you don't have any ginger beer on hand
- Garnish - feel free to garnish with other ingredients such as blackberries, blueberries, lingonberries, or mint instead of rosemary
Moscow mule mocktail variations
The nice thing about this recipe is that the base of it makes it very versatile and easy to swap out different ingredients.
Prefer traditional flavors? Skip the cranberry and pomegranate juice. Increase lime juice to 1 oz, then add ½ oz simple syrup. Add more to taste.
Prep and wash your garnishes ahead of time. I also recommend investing in a set of copper mugs.
It is said that copper mugs help enhance the flavors of this beverage. The copper is also great for keeping your drink cooler for a longer period.
Virgin Moscow Mule
- 1 oz pomegranate juice
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- ½ oz lime juice
- 4 oz ginger beer
- Pour ice into your cocktail shaker. Pour in cranberry, pomegranate and lime juice. Shake well. Add ice to your copper mug. Pour liquids over ice. Top off with ginger beer. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, lime wedge or slice and rosemary sprig.