Having trouble finding delicious gluten free recipes to enjoy over the holidays? This boozy gluten free bundt cake is sure to be a hit!
There's something about bundt cakes that are just so visually appealing. They're a fancy, no-fuss dessert which I love! I wanted to test this gluten free bundt cake recipe out so I can make and enjoy with my family after Christmas dinner. I've really been enjoying experimenting with GF recipes, lately. Can you tell?
Rum raisin cake was at the top of my baking list for the holidays. The rum flavor in this cake isn't too bold but just right. It mainly comes from the raisins that have been soaked in dark rum, overnight. Make sure to plan ahead for this. There is also a bit of rum in the chocolate glaze. I haven't made many recipes with liquor other than bread pudding recipes such as Love Bread Pudding? Try This Vegan Apple & Bourbon Version but I'm definitely looking forward to exploring more of them!
What kind of rum should I use?
I personally recommend using a dark rum for this recipe. I can't say for sure what the outcome would be with white rum. The one I used was a spiced dark rum by Sailor Jerry.
Remember to soak your raisins in rum overnight. Doing this step ahead of time will amplify the rum flavor in your gluten free bundt cake.
What if I don't have a bundt pan?
You can always bake this in two cake pans for a layered cake or in a 13x9 baking dish. Just adjust the baking times, accordingly.
You can easily make this recipe dairy free. Do this by using vegan butter and vegan chocolate chips for the rum and chocolate glaze. If you don't have any vegan butter, you can also use coconut oil. The texture reminds me of pound cake and the level of moisture is ideal. I have a feeling this bundt cake recipe will quickly become a favorite and I hope you give it a shot.
I recommend storing this cake at room temperature in an airtight container or in a cake storage container. Cake will keep well for up to 5 days.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment and review, below. I'd love to hear about it!
Want to try another GF recipe? Check out Delicious Gluten Free Persimmon Upside Down Cake
Recipe updated on January 12, 2023.
Gluten Free Bundt Cake with Rum Raisin
- 12-cup bundt pan
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsweetened, dairy-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- ¼ cup dark rum
Rum & Chocolate Glaze
- ½ cup chocolate chips can use vegan chips to keep recipe dairy-free
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter or vegan butter
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- If possible, soak your raising in the ¼ cup of rum, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Sift all dry ingredients first if possible. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs then add in yogurt, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and sugar. Combine well. Add these wet ingredients to your bowl of dry ingredients. Fold in rum-soaked raisins.
- Pour batter into bundt pan. Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack. While cake continues to cool, make your rum and chocolate glaze. Pour drizzle glaze over cake.
Rum & Chocolate Glaze
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips with butter. Stir in pinch of salt, vanilla and rum. Drizzle over cake.