Welcome to a bacon lover's dream! If you're a fan of crispy, smoky bacon, get ready to elevate your culinary experience with our irresistible bacon spread recipe.
This bacon butter, is a savory spread that takes your love for bacon to a whole new level. Just imagine the rich aroma of sizzling bacon infusing into a luscious, creamy blend of butter, cheese and chives.
In this blog post, we'll guide you through the steps to create this delectable bacon-y spread that will leave your taste buds in awe. Get ready to spread the love and savor the heavenly flavors of this bacon-inspired delight!
This spread can be enjoyed year-round, however, there are certain times of the year when it tends to be even more popular. For example, bacon-themed recipes often make appearances during special occasions such as breakfast or brunch gatherings, holiday celebrations (the tastiest way to spread some Christmas cheer), tailgate parties, and even BBQs. It's savory flavor adds a delightful touch to various dishes, making it a sought-after ingredient for many festive occasions. Its versatility and irresistible taste make it a year-round favorite for bacon enthusiasts everywhere. So, whether it's a cozy fall or winter morning or a sunny summer cookout, this easy recipe is always a delightful addition to your culinary adventures.
Each ingredient in this bacon spread recipe was carefully chosen to complement and enhance the depth of flavor, resulting in a delectable and well-rounded spread.
- Unsalted butter
- Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
The combination of these ingredients are the perfect complement to this harmonious blend of smoky and savory elements. This truly indulgent and delicious bacon spread recipe is next level good and will satisfy even the most discerning bacon enthusiasts!
Below, are some process shots that show you how to make this simple recipe, step-by-step.
Finely chop your garlic and add into a medium bowl with the softened butter.
Add in grated parmesan.
Place cooked bacon on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb some of the bacon fat. Chop up bacon on a cutting board and chop into small pieces. Add into bowl along with the chives.
Add in salt and black pepper. Smash and combine everything with a fork.
You can cook bacon on your stovetop in a large skillet if you prefer not to bake it in the oven.
Hint: Leave butter out at room temperature for at least 2 hours before you plan on making this. This will ensure that your butter is soft enough to work with.
What foods pair well with this bacon spread recipe?
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Baked potatoes
- Mashed potatoes
- Pancakes to make them sweet and savory
- French baguette to make an appetizer like the one in the images
- Brussels sprouts
- Hot dog/burger buns before placing them on the grill
- English muffins
- Charcuterie board
This spread yields enough for a whole 11.5 oz French baguette. The one shown in the images is from Trader Joe's.
Below, are some substitution options you may consider when making this recipe.
- Parmesan cheese - instead of using parmesan cheese, you can swap it out for cheddar cheese
- Chives - instead of using chives, you can use scallions or half of a red onion.
- Unsalted butter - if you're using salted butter, add salt to taste.
- Fresh garlic - if you don't have fresh garlic available, you can use pre-minced garlic or garlic powder.
Below, are a few variation ideas you may consider when making this recipe.
- Spicy - add red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper while cooking into the butter mix.
- Sweet - to turn this into a sweet and savory spread, add in a tablespoon of maple syrup or brown sugar. Add more to taste.
- Food processor (optional if you prefer to not chop your bacon. This option will give you smaller bacon bits)
You can store this butter and cheese spread recipe in a container like a mason jar or any other airtight jars. Store in the refrigerator after using.
Looking for other appetizer ideas? Check out our easy tuna rice balls recipe!
Look for the chives in the herbs section of the grocery store.
Looking for other great recipes? Try these:
Be sure to disinfect any surfaces that come into contact with raw bacon. Always wash your hands after handling raw meat products.
The Best Bacon Spread RecipeAuthor:
- 3 pieces bacon
- 8 tablespoon butter, unsalted room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoon chives
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook bacon slices in a toaster oven at 450°F for 13 minutes. Once they are cooked, place them on a plate lined with paper towels. After a few minutes, chop up bacon on a cutting board. Set aside.
- Finely, chop up garlic cloves and chives then add them to anmedium sized bowl with softened, room temperature butter. Proceed to add in bacon bits, grated parmesan, salt, and black pepper. Smash and combine all the ingredients with a fork.
- Scrape butter mixture into a small bowl with a spatula or wooden spoon. If preparing as a crostini appetizer (like the ones in the images), cut French baguette into slices and place them on a baking sheet lined with foil. Add spread to each slice and bake at 450°F for 6-7 minutes. Depending on how many you make, you can also bake them in your toaster oven.