Impress your guests with this quick and easy 2 ingredient Oreo dessert. It's perfect for any occasion. With whipped topping and Oreos as the main ingredient, it's sure to satisfy any sweet tooth! This recipe is one of my favorite easy sweet treats to make.
The best part of this recipe is that there isn't any baking or cooking time involved. You'll have this treat ready in no time! Look no further than this 2 ingredient Oreo dessert. All it takes to make is some Cool Whip and Oreo cookies! In this article, we'll give you all the details on how to make this quick dessert, including tips for serving and variations to try. The total time to make this is about 5 minutes or less. Plus, we'll show you how to prep it ahead of time, making entertaining a breeze. If you love cookies like I do, this one's for you. Let's get started!
To make this dessert, you'll only need two simple ingredients: a package of Oreos and a tub of whipped topping for a cream filling. You can use any flavor of Oreos you prefer, but we recommend sticking to the classic chocolate or double-stuffed for optimal flavor. As for the whipped topping, you can use store-bought or make your own at home.
- Crushed Oreos
- Whipped topping (Cool Whip)
See recipe card for quantities.
For a twist on this recipe, you can try using different types of cookies, such as Nilla Wafers, peanut butter cookies, or gingersnaps, instead of Oreos. You can also add in some crushed nuts or chocolate chips for added texture. Feel free to add any of your other favorite toppings. The possibilities are endless!
Now that you know what you'll need, let's move on to the instructions for making this delicious dessert.
Now that you have your ingredients ready, it's time to layer them together to create this quick sweet fix. Here are the step-by-step instructions for making this Oreo dessert:
Add a layer of whipped topping into the bottom of your jar.
Place cookies into a resealable bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Do not place cookies into a food processor for this. You'll end up with an ultra-fine consistency!
This is what your crushed cookies should look like.
Sprinkle crumbs over the layer of whipped topping.
With these simple steps, you can make this easy dessert in no time. Now, let's move on to some tips for serving this delightful Oreo treat.
Hint: Feel free to have your Oreo cookie crumbs prepared ahead of time.
Tips for serving
Serve in individual cups, glasses or jars like the ones shown here. It makes for a more elegant and manageable presentation. This also allows guests to easily grab their own serving without any mess or fuss. If you're hosting a larger crowd, consider doubling or tripling the recipe and serving the dessert in a large trifle dish instead.
With these tips in mind, you're sure to impress your guests with this simple yet delicious 2 ingredient Oreo dessert. Now, let's explore some fun substitutions and variations you can try out to switch things up!
- Whipped topping - You can make homemade whipped topping if you prefer that over store-bought. I like to use Cool Whip for the sake of saving time and it's delicious!
- Vegan - instead of using a dairy-based whipped topping, you can use a plant based one. There is a whipped cream on the market that is made with coconut. If you use a coconut-based whipped topping, that would probably make this the fastest vegan dessert recipe!
Here are few fun variations that are worth trying when making this simple recipe.
- Oreos - if you aren't really a fan of Oreos, you could always swap them out for different cookies. Consider using different Oreo flavors like golden Oreos or mint Oreos.
- Ice cream - You can swap out the whipped topping for vanilla ice cream.
- Nuts - For those who love a bit of crunch, consider adding some chopped nuts or granola. This adds a little bit of texture.
- Fruits - If you're feeling adventurous, try incorporating some fresh fruit into the mix. Sliced strawberries or bananas are a great option, as they complement the richness of the Oreos.
With these variations in mind, you can mix things up and create a dessert that truly stands out. And the best part? You'll spend less time in the kitchen and know exactly what to make when those dessert cravings kick in. Enjoy this sweet concoction with a cappuccino.
Store unused whipped topping in the refrigerator.
Only need a single serving of this easy recipe? Simply half it.
You can make Oreo balls with cream cheese, Oreo ice cream, Oreo chocolate bark, Oreo popsicles, etc.
2 Ingredient Oreo DessertAuthor:
- 8 Oreos
- 1 ½ cups whipped topping
- Add a layer of whipped topping into the bottom of your jar.
- Place cookies into a resealable bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Sprinkle crumbs over over the layer of whipped topping. Add more whipped topping over the crumbs and add more of the crushed Oreos on top.
Looking for other delicious recipes? Try these: