Make these easy and delicious but healthy peanut butter cups that have been sweetened with nature’s candy, dates!
So what are these healthy peanut butter cups? They’re the perfectly delicious and healthier version of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Once you make these, you’ll never want store-bought PB cups again!
I believe this is my first no-bake recipe on here. I loved the ease of assembling the PB cups together and how they only needed a few minutes in the freezer before they were ready to enjoy. I’m working on putting together a few more of these no-bake recipes. They will be great to have on hand for the days you have absolutely no desire to turn on your oven!
These PB cups can easily be made vegan by using a dairy-free chocolate. I used a combination of dark and semi-sweet baker’s chocolate. If you use baker’s chocolate, be sure to chop it into smaller chunks before melting.
Let’s talk about the dates. Not only do they add a natural sweetness to the PB cups, they add an amazing texture! I would compare it to being very caramel-like in nature. You’ll notice it as soon as you bite into one!
What other no-bake recipes would you like me to make? Let me know in the comments!The Silicone Kitchen Reusable Silicone Baking Cups – Non-Toxic, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe (12 Pack, Regular)
Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
- food processor
- 12-cup cupcake pan
- 12 silicone cupcake liners
- 6 dates, pitted
- 12 tsp peanut butter
- 12 oz chocolate of choice for melting
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line 12-cup cupcake pan with silicone molds. Set aside.
- In a medium sized, microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil together. Microwave in 15-20 second increments. Stir chocolate after each set of 15-20 seconds. Add in vailla extract.
- Scoop about a tablespoon worth of melted chocolate into each silicone mold. Place cupcake pan in freezer for about 5 minutes. Once removed from the freezer, spread a heaping teaspoon amount of peanut butter onto hardened chocolate.
- Place dates in a food processor and chop for a few seconds. Scoop about a teaspoon amount on top of peanut butter layer.
- Pour a tablespoon amount of melted chocolate over each cup, covering the chopped dates and peanut butter. Place cupcake pan in freezer again for 5-10 minutes. Finish with flaky sea salt. Gently remove peanut butter cup from silicone mold. Enjoy!