Nothing screams summer like stone fruit season! What better way to enjoy these fruits than with an easy peach galette?Jump to Recipe
Although I am not a huge fan of summer, (I'm more of a fall and winter kinda gal) I am currently living for stone-fruit season! Cherries, plums, nectarines, apricots, and especially peaches! I've been enjoying seeing what my other fellow bloggers have been making with them. I really want to try making caramelized air fryer peaches. My local market was having a special on peaches and knew right away that I had to get my hands on them and I knew exactly what I was going to make. A delicious and easy peach galette!
Simple ingredient list
- Fresh peaches
- 1 Orange
- Granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Pre-made pie crust sheet
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Frozen yogurt
- Turbinado sugar (to add a little extra something to that golden crust)
I wanted to keep this recipe as simple as possible so you could enjoy it that much faster! One way that I was able to achieve this was by using a store bought pie crust sheet as the base of the galette. I used one by Pillsbury. You can find boxes of these in the refrigerated section of your local market. It should come in a pack of two sheets. You simply roll it out onto your parchment lined baking sheet and you're good to go!
I love how versatile this recipe is. You can follow it and simply swap out with your other favorite fruits. If you want to make a blueberry and lemon galette, just swap out the peaches for fresh blueberries and use a lemon in place of the orange. There are so many great combos that you could try!
Please let me know in the comments if you get around to making this yummy summer dessert.
Before you go, be sure to check out my latest recipe for the dulce de leche chocolate cups!
Easy Summer Peach Galette
- 4 big peaches`
- 1 orange
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 pre-made pie crust sheet
- Cut peaches into slices. Set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. In a medium sized bowl, combine your sugar and orange zest. Feel free to use as much or as little as you like. Save that orange to be used later.
- Set a pot on low heat and squeeze in all the juice from that orange. Next, you will add the sugar and zest combo to the pot and stir. Add in your cornstarch and stir until it dissolves. Add in the peach slices. Simmer the peaches on low heat for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. The peaches should start feeling soft at this point. Remove from heat.
- Roll out your pie crust sheet onto your baking sheet. Spoon peaches onto the center of your pie crust and leave a 1 ½ inch border around the filling. Fold that border towards the center and crimp as you go. Brush egg wash over the crust then sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Crust should be a nice, golden color. Serve warm with a big scoop of ice cream!