These dulce de leche chocolate cups are the perfect treat to enjoy with the warmer weather!Jump to Recipe
As we get further into summer, the temperatures keep rising, especially down here in Southern California. Let's face it, no one is trying to have their whole kitchen heat up for the sake of baking treats (as much as we all love our baked goodies). The warm weather warrants for all the no-bake treats. These dulce de leche chocolate cups are the perfect way to kickstart no bake season!
Not only are these chocolatey treats filled with a layer of dulce de leche but they also include a layer of mini marshmallows which is then covered by melted chocolate. Oh and don't forget to finish with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt! This creates the perfect balance between sweet and savory. I would compare it to salted caramel chocolate with marshmallows.
This recipe was inspired by my favorite See's Candies chocolate, Scotchmallows!
It's hard to believe that these no bake treats only require 4 ingredients! Well, 5 if you include the flaky salt.
- Chocolate for melting
- Coconut oil
- Dulce de Leche
- Mini marshmallows
For the dulce de leche, I recommend purchasing the one in an 11.5 oz squeeze bottle. This makes it much easier (and less messy) when pouring into your silicone candy molds. Speaking of candy molds, here is a link to purchase the same one that I used: Silicone candy mold 2-pack
If you don't have a silicone mold on hand or rather not buy one, you can always use a cupcake or muffin pan. Just be sure to add the cupcake liners to them.
Have you checked out my latest recipe? It's for my Vegan Cowboy Cookies which I think you will really enjoy!
Dulce de Leche Chocolate Cups
- 12 oz chocolate chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 12 tsp dulce de leche
- 1 small bag of marshmallows
- flaky sea salt for finishing
- In a medium, microwave safe bowl, add in chopped chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring occasionally to make sure chocolate doesn't burn.
- Pour about a tablespoon's worth of melted chocolate into 12 cavities of the candy mold or into lined cupcake pan. Place candy molds into the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add about a teaspoon's worth of dulce de leche on top of cooled chocolate. Top off with mini marshmallows. Lastly, add another tablespoon's worth of melted chocolate over the marshmallow layer. Place in the freezer for about 20 minutes and enjoy. Don't forget to add a bit of flaky salt!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review. I'd love to get your feedback!