So last week, I actually had a day off during the week and I knew that, that was the day that I wanted to do some recipe testing. I gave myself a challenge and said that I could only bake with items that I already had on hand. I noticed that we still had about a cup of ricotta left in the fridge from when my husband had made lasagna (which was delicious by the way)! I also saw that I still had some frozen raspberries leftover from another recipe. That's when I decided to whip these up. These muffins came out perfectly moist and not too sweet which is more my style when it comes to baking. I hope you give this recipe a try. You will not regret making them!
Deliciously Moist Raspberry & Lemon Ricotta MuffinsAuthor:
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen will work
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 whole lemon for zest
- ½ juice of 1 lemon to add into batter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ juice of 1 lemon
- ¼-1/2 cups confectioner's sugar add or subtract for desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Add liners to your 12-cup muffin pan. Set aside.
- Comine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk in sugar to bowl of the 2 beaten eggs. Add in the ricotta cheese, juice from half of a lemon, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Stir in the melted butter with a spoon or spatula.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Be careful to not overmix. Stir with a spoon or a spatula.
- Gently, fold in raspberries. Try to not overmix when folding in the raspberries. You don't want to turn your batter, pink!
- I recommend using a cookie or ice cream scoop to scoop batter into the muffin pan.
- Bake for about 23 minutes.
- Once muffins are cool enough to remove from muffin pan, place them on a rack to finish cooling and for the moisture to dry from the bottoms of the muffins.
- In a small bowl, squeeze remaining half of lemon and mix juice with the confectioner's sugar. Mix until glaze is smooth.
- Spoon desired amount of glaze over each muffin. Enjoy!