So I'm definitely getting some Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia vibes with this one. It has been a long time since I've made chocolate based cookies so I was really looking forward to making these! This combination of cocoa, dried cherries and white chocolate is unique and goes great together. I was able to enjoy these with my family over the weekend as well as sharing with my fellow nurses at work. The perfect and sweet little pick-me-up that's often needed on a Monday!
White Chocolate Chunk & Cherry Cookies
These cocoa-rich and fudgy cookies are soft, not too sweet and have a nice hint of tartness to them from the dried cherries! These cookies pair so well with a cold glass of milk!
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg room temperature
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried cherries I used Montgomery cherries
- 4 oz white baking chocolate cut into chunks Save some for adding to the tops of cookies once they're removed from the oven
- pinch of coarse sea salt to sprinkle on top after removing cookies from the oven
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugars until it is light and airy.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add in the egg and vanilla extract. Combine.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine your dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Gently, fold in dried cherries and chunks of white chocolate. Remember to set aside some of the chocolate chunks.
- Use cookie scoop to scoop dough onto your cookie sheet. I was able to fit 12 on 1 cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Once sheet is removed from the oven, add your remaining chunks of white chocolate to the tops of your cookies while they're still warm. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Let cookies cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
If possible, I recommend using Ghirardelli's premium baking white chocolate for your chocolate chunks.
Leave a Reply