Dive into our bacon spaghetti recipe—a delicious blend of crispy bacon, perfectly al dente spaghetti, and a creamy sauce with garlic and parmesan that's simply irresistible!
This combination of deliciousness will leave you craving for seconds (and maybe even thirds!). Who needs plain old spaghetti when you can level up your long pasta game with this irresistible bacon spaghetti recipe? So grab your forks and get ready to indulge in a dish that's guaranteed to make your taste buds sing with joy!
In search of more pasta dishes? Check out our tasty recipe for creamy tuscan pasta!
When to Serve
This delicious pasta recipe is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed on various occasions. Here are a few occasions where serving a creamy pasta dish would be a fantastic choice:
- Comfort Food Night: Gather your loved ones for a cozy evening in and serve up a hot plate of creamy spaghetti noodles. It's the perfect comfort food that will warm both hearts and bellies.
- Dinner Parties: Impress your guests with a delectable twist on a classic dish. This bacon spaghetti recipe adds a touch of elegance and indulgence to any dinner party menu, making it a crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone wanting more.
- Family Gatherings: Whether it's a casual family get-together or a special celebration, serving this brings a delightful combination of flavors that will satisfy the whole clan. It's a dish that brings people together and creates lasting memories. This will quickly become one of your favorite easy dinner recipes.
- Game Nights: Take your game night snacks to the next level with this simple recipe. It's a hearty and delicious option that will fuel everyone's energy for a night filled with fun and friendly competition.
- Special Occasions: Celebrate special milestones or achievements with a memorable meal. Its rich and comforting flavors are sure to make any occasion even more extraordinary.
This dish is not only delicious but also versatile, making it suitable for a wide range of gatherings and events. So, the next time you're looking for a dish that will impress your guests or bring comfort to your loved ones, don't hesitate to serve up a delightful plate of creamy, garlicky bacon spaghetti!
This bacon spaghetti recipe is the real deal and was inspired by one of my other bacon recipes, buttery bacon spread which pairs well with things like Brussels sprouts, grilled cheese sandwiches, mashed potatoes and more!
Ingredients You'll Need
Here, you will find the delicious ingredients you'll need to make this bacon pasta.
- Uncooked spaghetti
- Fresh parsley
- Garlic cloves
- Parmesan cheese
- Heavy cream
- Sour cream
- Red chili flakes
- Ground black pepper
- Italian seasoning
See recipe card for quantities.
Below, you will find process shots along with step-by-step instructions for making this bacon spaghetti recipe.
Add spaghetti to a large pot of salted water once it comes to a rolling boil. Cook according to package directions but reduce cooking time by 1 minute. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta cooking water. Prep your garlic and parsley while the pasta cooks.
Be sure cook bacon in a large skillet. You'll want to absorb any excess fat from your bacon by placing on a paper towel over a plate. Once cooled, chop bacon into small pieces.
1. Sauté garlic in reserved bacon fat until it starts turning brown. Keep heat setting between low and medium heat.
2. Add in heavy cream and sour cream. Stir until smooth. Add in seasonings and parmesan. Combine well. Stir in parsley.
3. Add in bacon bits. Combine well then add salt to taste. Add in reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time to thin out the thick sauce. Add til you achieve desired consistency.
4. Add in drained pasta and gently incorporate into the sauce with tongs. Top off with a bit of fresh parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Hint: If you accidentally discard the bacon fat, use a little olive oil to replace it.
Here are a few substitution ideas you may consider when making this recipe.
- Fresh garlic - if you don't have fresh garlic available, you can use pre-minced garlic or garlic powder.
- Bacon - I recommend using thick-cut bacon. Using this kind will help you collect enough reserved bacon fat. The fat is what you'll use to sauté your garlic in.
- Bacon carbonara recipe - you could turn this into a bacon spaghetti carbonara by omitting the cream sauce and making a sauce that's comprised of beaten eggs.
Below, are a few variation ideas you may consider when making this recipe including different pasta, veggie and sauce options.
- Pasta - I used Barilla's thick spaghetti but this recipe will also work with angel hair, thin spaghetti, bowtie pasta, etc. Use your personal preference.
- Vegetables - feel free to add in some of your favorite veggies such as mushrooms, sliced onions, a handful of spinach, etc.
- Kid friendly - omit the chili flakes if serving to small children.
- Tomato paste - add in a bit of paste or tomato sauce to the cream mixture if you'd like more of a tomato flavor.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, add a small plash of heavy cream to your bowl and stir. It will add some creaminess back into the sauce. This dish can be reheated in the microwave or on a skillet.
Serve with garlic bread, a side of veggies or a salad and a crisp white wine.
While we're on the topic of bacon, check out our delicious bacon spread recipe as well!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Be sure to disinfect any surfaces that come into contact with raw bacon. Always wash your hands after handling raw meat products.
Bacon Spaghetti RecipeAuthor:
- 4 strips bacon
- 8 oz spaghetti
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- Finely chop your fresh parsley and garlic. Set aside. Cook uncooked spaghetti according to package directions but reduce cooking time by 1 minute. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water. While spaghetti is cooking, heat up a large skillet. Add in bacon once pan is hot. Cook bacon til you have a texture that you prefer. Place bacon on paper towel lined plate. Once cooled, chop bacon into small pieces. Reserve about 1 ½ tablespoon of bacon fat in that same skillet.
- Heat setting for skillet should be between low and medium heat. Sauté minced garlic in the bacon fat until they start turning brown. Add heavy cream and sour cream to the same skillet. Stir until sauce is smooth. Add in black pepper, chili flakes and Italian seasoning. Stir in the parmesan and add in parsley. Next, add in bacon. Now that the bacon is in the sauce, add salt to taste.
- Add in reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time to thin out the sauce. Add til you achieve desired consistency. Add in cooked spaghetti and gently incorporate into the sauce with tongs. Top off with a bit of fresh parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!