These delicious lemon and raspberry glaze donuts will have you reaching for another before you even finish the first one!Jump to Recipe
So I love donuts and I'm one of those people who can enjoy them at any time of the day. No lie. Whenever I go to the donut shop, I always find myself gravitating to a good ol' glaze donut. Preferably raspberry donuts or some kind of other berry glazed one. If they don't have that, I go for the next best thing. A berry filled donut. Anyways, last weekend I was really craving one. I went to the donut shop by my house and they didn't have either. That's when I suddenly thought of my The Best Everything Gluten Free Donuts recipe. I then decided to just make my own raspberry donuts!
Luckily, I still had some gluten free flour at home. I like to use one that's a 1:1 ratio or cup for cup measure.
Things to keep in mind when making these baked donuts
- Be sure you have at least 2 donut pans since this recipe yields 9.
- For the glaze, you can use fresh or frozen raspberries.
- Notice in the recipe card, I mentioned making the glaze first. This is because the glaze yields enough to add in some fun raspberry swirls to your donut batter before baking. You'll do this after filling the donut pans with batter.
- Be sure to not overfill pans. Fill each donut cavity with batter til you reach the middle of it. They will fluff up nicely. I promise!
- Wait until the donuts are completely cooled to room temperature before dipping into your glaze.
Guten Free Raspberry Glaze Donuts
- 2 6-donut pans
- 1 cup gluten-free flour cup for cup measure
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup dairy free milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
Raspberry & lemon glaze
- 6 oz container of raspberries
- 1 ½ cups confectioner's sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- Fill a medium sized bowl with your raspberries, lemon juice (start with half a lemon if it's a big one) and the confectioner's sugar. Combine together with a spatula and add in a bit more juice and/or sugar until you get a consistency for your glaze that you're happy with. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray donut mold with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together GF flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. If possible, sift all ingredients first. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs then add in vanilla extract, vegetable oil, dairy free milk, granulated sugar, and zest from 1 lemon. Whisk and combine everything together. Add these wet ingredients to your bowl of dry ingredients and combine.
- Place a quart or gallon size ziploc bag in a tall glass and pour in your batter. Zip the top and cut one of the corners with scissors. Now, pour batter into your donut pan. Fill each donut mold about midway so that it doesn't overflow too much when it bakes. You should have enough batter left over to make 3 more donuts.
- Add a couple of small dollops of the raspberry glaze to the tops of the donuts. Swirl each one with a toothpick to get a nice, swirl design.
- Bake at 350°F for 13 minutes. Toothpick inserted should come out clean. Start making your glaze while donuts are baking. Bake one donut pan at a time. The second one with 3 donuts will only need about 11 minutes in the oven. Let the donuts rest in the pan for about 3 minutes before removing. After removing from the pan, let them cool to room temperature before dipping into your glaze.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a rating and review. I would love to get your feedback! While you're here, check out the recipe for my taro cheesecake bites!
Leave a Reply