With Halloween just around the corner, I knew it was time to start baking some festive treats! I bring you these chewy candy corn cookies with chocolate chips and popcorn! I know some people either love this candy or hate it with a passion. I read somewhere online someone who jokingly called it Satan's earwax! Even though I happen to enjoy this pyramid-shaped delight, this gave me a good laugh.
These candy corn cookies are fun to make and enjoy. I highly recommend whipping up a batch of these and getting your monster movie marathon started!
Candy Corn Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 cups popcorn
- ½ cup candy corn
- coarse sea salt to sprinkle on top after removing cookies from the oven
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine your butter and sugars on medium high until light and airy (about 2-3 minutes). Add in eggs, one at a time. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add in vanilla and combine well.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together your flour, salt and baking soda. Add this to your bowl of wet ingredients and mix well. Add in chocolate chips and popcorn. The stand mixer will break up the big pieces of popcorn.
- Cover your bowl of dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Scoop 9 balls of cookie dough onto each baking sheet. Flatten them, slightly. Bake for 13 minutes. The centers will look a bit undercooked and that's ok. They will continue to cook on the baking sheet. I recommend baking one cookie sheet at a time.
- After removing cookies from the oven, add pieces of candy corn to the tops of each cookie while they're still warm. Sprinkle cookies with a bit of sea salt and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.